[3830] RTTY Roundup VE1OP Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 6 18:07:10 EST 2008

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: VE1OP
Operator(s): VE1OP
Station: VE1OP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NS

Total: 1000  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 60  Total Score = 116,000

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Had a hard time staying interested in this one...Not being able to use Telnet
makes it a lot less interesting for me...Especially at this point in the
cycle...Drives me nuts to have to enter the MULTI-OP category just because
Telnet is on, but I don't make the rules...Maybe when Telnet sites can send
op's over to my house to work stations for me when I sleep, I'll agree with
it...

Started off great, 324 QSO's in the log and 47 states/prov's worked in the
first 3 hours on 15/20...Condx were great, I felt loud with only 90
watts...Then someone turned off 20 m...Just DIED...Off to 40 I went, S8 noise,
something in the neighbourhood is dirty...Off to 80, S8 noise, but signals were
strong enough to work stations...Shut down with 500 QSO's...40 was a complete
washout for me this weekend...10 QSO's...Ugh...

Sunday was off and on, told myself I would shoot for 1000 Q's and quit, which
is what I did... Would have liked to find DC, MT and AB, but not one heard...

Thanks for the calls, apologies to those who called on 40/80 with no reply, I
just couldn't hear you over the noise...

CU on NAQP CW next weekend...

73, Scott VE1OP