[3830] RTTY Roundup VE4EAR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 7 05:51:58 EST 2008

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MB

Total:  484  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 15  Total Score = 33,396

Who invited Murphy!
Spent an hour Friday evening making sure the station was working and had about
50 practise Q's. Everything was working 100%.

15 minutes before the start. I did a reset of my SCS-PTC controller and the
power switch failed! I manged to rig something up with duct tape to keep it on
but lost nearly a hour at the start. About an hour into it and my CRT died in
the middle of a QSO. Found if I smacked it the right way in the right spot, it
would come back to life...another item for repair! Some family commitments
stole several more hours Saturday evening but I figured I would get in on the
action on 80 later in the evening. After a couple hours operating, Murphy
strikes again, violent stomach flu. Sparing you the details. was not able to
get back on the air in less than stellar condition until early Sunday
afternoon.

Nice to see 15m opened here to CA and Mexico, but missed I was too late for
east coast openings.

Again too late for any EU openings on 20m on Sunday morning, so country count
was way down. From I was able to see, conditions on 80/40/20 were excellent and
the bands were packed. I don't think I can recall hearing 20m crammed with RTTY
signals from 14.050 to 14.140 before.

Thanks again for your patience and I apologize for not being in better form! I
can now understand how others feel when Murphy strikes right at contest time.

73 C U in the next one!

Ed
VE4EAR