[3830] RTTY Roundup GW7X(GW4BLE) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 7 08:48:46 EST 2008

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: GW7X
Operator(s): GW4BLE
Station: GW7X

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Newport, Wales.

Total:  512  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 39  Total Score = 45,056

Club: CONTEST CAMBRIA

Comments:

The ARRL RTTY Roundup is the first contest in the year in which United Kingdom
club stations can use SCC's (Special Contest Calls) see -

http://www.contesting.co.uk/hfcc/information/spc.shtml

CONTEST CAMBRIA decided it would be a good idea to submit at least a token
entry in our first RTTY contest. Although not a great fan of the mode (although
it is growing on me), I voluntered to operate from my home station as GW7X.

I set a target of 500 conatcts, and interspersed with domestic chores, that was
easily met with some half a dozen or so hours of casual  operating.  So the mark
(unintended pun!) has been set, and it's over to A.N. Other in our team to
prepare for the next (SCC) RTTY event - roll on BARTG RTTY (!)

Steve
GW4BLE