[3830] RTTY Roundup N3KAE M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 7 16:46:34 EST 2008

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N3KAE
Operator(s): KA3QLF, N3XLS, N3KAE
Station: N3KAE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: PA

Total:  946  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 47  Total Score = 96,492

This year's "covert" effort did not use the N3XLS call.  As usual, Scott, Joe,
and I had a blast and learned even more about RTTY contesting.  We entered as
MS/HP instead of MS/LP.  This year's score is our personal best.

Biggest disappointment was the low number of Caribbean countries and apparent
lack of MT and DC stations.  It's kind of sad when only 4U1WB represents YOUR
section.  Our biggest surprise was the sheer number of EU stations answering
our CQ's on 20m and 40m.

Our postmortem assessment brought a few matters to light that will be addressed
soon.  Look for us to break well above the 100k next year.  Hopefully by then
the MT and DC Hams will wake up as well.

HNY de Al, N3KAE