[3830] RTTY Roundup W4RM M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 7 18:32:05 EST 2008

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W4RM
Operator(s): W4RM, W7IY, K4UVA
Station: W4RM

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VA

Total: 1487  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 63  Total Score = 181,414

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The W4RM team had a great time as usual.  Since we only operate RTTY in the RTTY
RU once a year this past week between Christmas and New years was the same and
the last five year.  Yes, you have it, I spent about two to three days getting
all the interfaces working again and trying to trouble shoot a Microham USB II
interface unit that had a factory cable for a 1000mp that was wire incorrectly
(No PTT) on the RTTY Plug.

Well needless to say we had it all working before the contest with about 30min
to spare.

The contest was great fun Stu W7IY and Lee K4UVA joined me this year and we
were cranking from the start.

The bands seemed in good shape and I thing 40-50% of our QSO were from EU and
working state side off the back of the stacks.

At the end of the first 13hrs we had 860 QSO but we were lacking in any mults
outside of EU and the US.

So, on Sunday we worked hard to pick the needed SA, AF, OC and FE mults to get
us within two mults of last years score of 124.

QSO seemed to keep coming and by 11AM Sunday we had beaten last years QSOs of
1073 and to what I think will be a new Roanoke Multi-single record (unless NR4M
or W4MYA) operate which is always a possibility.

Lee and I kept pushing until the end finding seven mults in the last hour for
our new all time RTTY RU Score.

See you next year in RTTY RU

73 Bill W4RM