[3830] NAQP CW NN7ZZ(N5LZ) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 13 00:30:20 EST 2008

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: NN7ZZ
Operator(s): N5LZ
Station: N5LZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Utah

  160:    3     2
Total:  871   178  Total Score = 155,038

Club: Utah DX Assn

Team:

Comments:

I was cruising along and having a ball, ready to qsy down to 160 meters to
gobble up the qsos and mults on a fresh band, but couldn’t hear a thing on
the 160M sloper… unfortunately my only 160M antenna!  I think the solder
joint on the SO-239 has broken.  No way am I going trudge through a foot of
snow in 20 degree weather in the dark and climb the tower to fix it…. So
scratch that band!  I worked a couple loud and close stations with my 80M
inverted V and that's it....So I eeked out a few more qsos on 80M and shut down
an hour early…. Damn!