[3830] NAQP CW N2IC M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 13 10:00:00 EST 2008

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: New Mexico

Total: 1860   277  Total Score = 514,943

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Put together an all-southwest New Mexico team of WA5Y, K7IA, N5IA and N2IC. It
was a first time-effort for the team, and we had a great time.

Even with a low solar flux, 15 meters was considerably better than the previous
2 years, and we even had a 15 minute opening on 10 meters to the east coast. Too
bad that 20 closed so early, but, fortunately, the low bands were very good for
us. Bring on solar cycle 24 !

No equipment failures, and only minimal problems which were easily solved.

We tried using an undocumented N1MM feature that allows the spotting station to
make QSO's by "borrowing" the run radio for a QSO. However, one of the run
station computers was only a 466 MHz Pentium, resulting in a many-second delay
between pressing a function key on the spotting computer, and RF output on the
run radio. Sorry for the lid-like behavior !

Station:
(2) TS-950SDX, TS-930S+PIEXX
N1MM Logger networked on 3 computers.
10 meters - KT36XA @ 75'