[3830] NAQP CW KG5U Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 13 21:20:50 EST 2008

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: TX

  160:    0     0
   10:    9     4
-------------------
Total:  445   158  Total Score = 70,310

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: CTDXCC Tamales

Comments:

I really, really do need to get up the tower and re-attach the 20m reflector to
the C3 and to replace the broken rotator.  It kinda hurts during a contest.
There was a nice opening on 10m.  I heard someone ask someone in TX else to QSY
to 10 and jumped up there myself hoping to grab the TX station.  Lo and behold,
there were other signals there.  Didn't last long, but long enough to grab 4
mults and 9 Q's.  This NAQP was a lot of fun and the turnout was tremendous
with a lot of big signals (my RF Gains on my radios were cut back to 12 or 1
o'clock positions from their 5 o'clock max; it made for very comfortable
operating.  Even the weak signals came through nicely without having to crank
up the gain.

I'm still on the near vertical part of the N1MM learning curve, but it's
getting easier.  There's just not the 'in your face' feedback on how you are
doing that I loved about TRLog.  The mult window is just too subtle for me
right now to be useful.  But, I like the ease of doing S&P with both radios,
since that's my bread and butter when operating QRP in contests.

Thanks to all for QSO's and special thanks to the 10 stations with whom I had 4
or 5 band QSO's.  One of these days, I'll put up a 160 antenna.

73,
dale, kg5u