[3830] NAQP CW N4KG Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 13 23:11:11 EST 2008

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ALA
Operating Time (hrs): 9+

   10:    8     5
-------------------
Total:  647   177  Total Score = 114,579

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

One of these years, I need to decide that I am going to operate full time and
make a plan.  Starting 1 Hour Late is NOT a good plan!

After an hour or so on 80M I noticed I had almost ZERO mults in W0 and W7 so I
switched from my High Dipole to an Inverted Vee to fill in the gaps.  Sunday, I
noticed the SE end of the support rope for the high dipole was wrapped around a
D3W midway down the tower.  The SE End of the Dipole was caught in a tree and
most of the dipole was sloping to the SE.  It still produced a pretty good rate
into the Eastern USA (as long as static crashes didn't drown out the signals).

One of Four Tom's in Alabama (K4ZGB, KG4CUY, N4KG, W4NBS)

de Tom  N4KG