[3830] NAQP CW W1NN Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 15 17:38:26 EST 2008

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH

Total:  497   173  Total Score = 85,981

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: Mad River Whiskey Guys

Comments:

The CW NAQP is one of my favorite events, and even though I had to leave for a
long business trip early Sunday morning, I was ready to put in a full effort,
but computer problems early in the contest and the long skip and QRN on 80 and
40 in the early evening convinced me to give up this idea.  It looks like 80
and 40 recovered later on, so maybe it was not the best decision, but at least
I got a little more sleep.  Comparing my score to some of the others from
8-land, I did better on 20 and significantly worse on 40 and 80.  Overall, I
worked very few OH, PA, MI and IN stations, and most of those were on 160.
OTOH, it was fun to work 100 stations during my first hour on 160.  It was also
nice to work 48 states (missing the two Dakotas) during the contest.

Of my 107 contacts on 160, 15 or 14% were with VE/A3 stations.  Also worked
quite a few stations from NE Canada and VE5-7 on the other bands.  It's great
to see so much activity from Canada.

73 & thanks for the contacts.

Hal W1NN