[3830] NAQP SSB K4BAI Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 20 08:06:31 EST 2008

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:59

  160:    7     7
   10:   17     4
-------------------
Total:  728   152  Total Score = 110,656

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC #1

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, TH6DXX, dipole, zepp, inverted vee, "t" vertical.  10M ws open
to TX, LA, and AR for the first few hours.  Just before the contest started, I
heard a NC station there too.  15M was very strong to the western W5 area, W6,
and W7.  20M was pretty long at the start, but shortened up a lot late in the
afternoon.  40M was a puzzle this year.  Skip seemed OK, but I seldom could get
much going there.  80 and 160 were very noisy.  Almost all my QSOs on those
bands were made using my 40M dipole as a receiving antenna, since it was much
quieter than the transmit antennas.  Congrats to NX5M and KW8N for being DX for
me on 160M this year.  Worked HQ9R and KP2M on 20 and 80 for NA DX.  PY2NY, our
regular outside NA participant.  Thanks Vitor.  Several Hawaii stations worked
on 15 and 20, but no Alaska this time.  Worked no ND, VE6, VE7 or VO stations,
but did hear a VE7.  Thought I had a VO station calling once, but it turned out
to be one of those callers who thinks it is best to say only his suffix.  Thanks
to all for the QSOs.  73, John, K4BAI.