[3830] NAQP SSB VE6CNU Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 20 11:41:03 EST 2008

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: VE6CNU
Operator(s): VE6CNU
Station: VE6CNU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Calgary

  160:    2     2
Total:  100   100  Total Score = 4,300

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Team:

Comments:

I didn't think I'd be on at all for this contest but managed to find a couple of
hours near the end (about 7:30PM to 9:30PM local MST).  20m was almost dead by
that time and then while on 40m my FT-1000MP decided to develop a new problem.
While in the middle of a transmission the output suddenly was zero.  I tried
turning the rig off and on and this worked for a little while, but something
was definitely intermittent and I haven't been able to find it yet.  Without a
backup rig in place I went to 80m and found the band condx even worse than 40m.
 In fact, the conditions in general seemed much worse than for the CW contest
last weekend.  Every now and then I was able to go back to 40m for 1 QSO before
the output would die again.  Anyway, still had a bit of fun and managed to work
100 QSOs.

73,

Jerry
VE6CNU