[3830] NAQP SSB WA2MNO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 20 14:16:46 EST 2008

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: WA2MNO
Operator(s): WA2MNO
Station: WA2MNO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 4:47

  160:    9     5
   80:   13     7
   15:    2     1
   10:    3     1
-------------------
Total:  105    46  Total Score = 4,830

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Team: MWA #2

Comments:

All I can say is we should have scheduled this contest for another weekend.
Conditions where horrible from my QTH. Lots of QRN, very poor propogation
to almost everywhere and to top it off computer problems that caused me to
lose a few hours at the beginning of the contest.

Then when I got on the air a few people advised me that they heard distortion
on my signal. Tom/K3MRG said he would stay with me to allow me to try a few
things to see if it helped clear up my signal. That was supremely nice of
him to take 10-15 minutes of his contest time to help identify the problem.
Thank you Tom !!!  Another fine example of Ham Radio friendship among hams
who have never even talked before.

Thanks for Greg/K0OB, Jim/KE0L, Neill/NR0L and Bert/WB0N I was able to work
and pick up some additions mults on 160-10M. Thanks guys!

Many people would say "Gee, how surprising, another Dave from MN". While all
the while they knew MN ops were honoring our dear friend Dave/KT0R now SK.

73 - Bob
WA2MNO