[3830] NAQP SSB W0BH Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 20 16:17:55 EST 2008

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS

   15:   17     9
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1011   164  Total Score = 165,804

Club:

Team:

Comments:

The QRN made this hard work, but the rates made up for it. 15 was open to 4-land
off the top and stayed that way for a couple of hours, but my attempts at
running there obviously didn't pay off. Did catch KH6 just before the band
closed for good. Nothing on 10 except for local.

20 was great for rate but mult-poor even though I spent lots of time there
hoping that would change. The whole central US -- one, two, and sometimes 3
states away from KS were just not there. Finally hooked up with W9RE in IN for
my one lone Q there on 20. I usually do better on 80 than 40 here, but this
time I went to 40 early enough to do some damage. 80 was rough and I was
missing most of the southeast until N4OX moved for me in FL. Decided I really
needed the mults on 160 and maybe you all did, too, so took the rate and ear
hit for as long as I could. Ouch.

Overall, worked all states combined (AK on 20) and BC SK MB ON QC NB NF north.
Very little DX. Thanks to those of you who moved for me .. everyone was great
about trying, but the bands weren't very helpful this time.

It sounds like we all survived, but just barely. Thanks for the fun anyway!

73, Bob, w0bh