[3830] UKDX RTTY TG9/W1BYH Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 20 17:15:18 EST 2008

                    UK DX Contest, RTTY

Call: TG9/W1BYH
Operator(s): W1BYH
Station: TG9/W1BYH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ANTIGUA GUATEMALA

   20:   4    8     1
------------------------
Total:   4    8     1  Total Score = 8

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My last day in Guatemala - took a quick look before taking down the low
dipole,to see if any propagation.  Didn't have any all week !! I had worked
FO/M, ZL, FJ, TK, Caribbean, US and South America during the week, but had
really poor conditions all week.  Location in valley surrounded by volcanoes
and low dipole didn't help much.  I did call about a dozen other US stations,
who obviously didn't here me during the Contest.
Had an enjoyable stay in Guatemala, but hamming just didn't pan out with the
poor conditions.  Thanks to Don AA5AU for my last QSO (15 minutes before
leaving the hotel) and giving me my best contest score from TG9 ever !!!

If Gordon (N1MGO) really goes out and does the naked propagation ritual dance I
may have better luck next year !! Here's hoping !!   73  Norm  TG9/W1BYH