[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K1JT Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 21 14:28:58 EST 2008

                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: K1JT
Operator(s): K1JT
Station: K1JT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SNJ,  FN20qi

  903:   18     7
  1.2:   23     8
  2.3:   14     7
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  508   147  Total Score = 125,391

An unusual operating style for me this year led to an all-time high (for me) of
61 multipliers on 2m, more than half of which came from random EME QSOs using
JT65.  My log includes DXCC prefixes W, VE, RU, UA9, S5, OH, DL, HA, G, OZ, YU,
F, I, EA, OK, PJ4, and SV.  (RoverLog kept nattering at me that callsigns being
worked appeared to be invalid, hihi.)

On the other hand, I rather neglected 222 and 432, and missed a bunch of
generally easy grids on the low four bands.

E-skip openings on 6m both afternoons were brief and very spotty ... but nice
to have.

Several failures of recently built station hardware were (more or less) coped
with ... thanks to emergency repairs featuring wire cutters and clip leads.
Not a recommended procedure unless absolutely necessary!

Lots of fun, as always.  There are many ways to enjoy this contest!