[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K3TUF Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 22 21:08:22 EST 2008

                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: K3TUF
Operator(s): K3TUF
Station: K3TUF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  903:   30     9
  1.2:   48    12
  2.3:   22     7
  3.4:   15     5
  5.7:   11     4
  10G:   12     4
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  649   167  Total Score = 248,329

Everyone has already talked about the reduced propogation conditions, so I won't
go into that.  This contest saw two microwave bands (1.2, 2.3) on a new tower
above the trees which raised my microwave score nearly 25%.  The lower four
bands were about 15% behind last year.
I really really enjoyed the first day with lots of activity, but activity was
really down on Sunday.
I got to use the new Flex 5000a and also had no major equipment failures, only
a rotor control box which was quickly replaced with a spare.  I am glad that
the extensive work with sequencers has paid off finally.
I now look forward to putting the rest of the microwave bands up through 24GHz
on the new tower.  See k3tuf.com for progress.
All in all it was a fun time and I look forward to the next.
73,
Phil