[3830] ARRL Jan VHF N8II Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jan 24 10:49:18 EST 2008

                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  100    24  Total Score = 2,400

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I kind of let county hunting take priority over contests and was
 vacuuming out the car when 19Z rolled around; didn't make first QSO
 until 1949Z which probably cost me about 10 Q's right off the bat.
 Activity then was really low and stayed that way throughout the
 weekend. 6M opened to FL about 2025Z and my last QSO into FL was
 nearly an hour later, but made only 13 Q's despite the band being
 open to 7 grids! FL was pretty asleep at the switch. Highlight was
 a call from loud K9HUY in rare EL86. I did well into western NY working
 FN02,12,13 but missed close by FN01,11, and EM99 due to little
 or no activity. Sunday was the pits! I only worked 20 stations. The
 best Sunday activity was around halftime in the NFC playoff when I
 made 9 Q's finishing off # 100 with Dick, W3GNQ in FM28 for a new
 grid too!