[3830] CQ160 CW K6VVA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 27 07:54:09 EST 2008

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: RF Hole

Total:  QSOs = 242  State/Prov = 48  Countries = 7  Total Score = 31,845

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Short spurts on and off during the event.  I had never heard S9 signals from the
East Coast on 160m here before until the wee hours Saturday morning.
Incredible.  Wish I would have been in Alaska for this one!

Murphy caused my AL-80B output to drop slowly to 250w so not sure what's up
with that since the tube is only 2 months old.  Checked the HV readings and no
problem there.  Hooked my TXRX up to another AL-80B and that worked fine.

QLF Department (and apologies to RW0CWA).  I thought it was W0CWA who kept
sending 'RA' as I kept asking for a QTH/State repeat.  Finally, I heard the 'R'
at the beginning of the call and then things made sense.

There were some pretty Monster signals on 160m this weekend, with undoubtedly
many hefty power company bills coming soon.

73 & Tnx for the Q's...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust