[3830] CQ160 CW N0KE Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 27 13:11:23 EST 2008

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N0KE
Operator(s): N0KE
Station: N0KE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CO

Total:  QSOs = 592  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 31  Total Score = 146,965

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

WOW! I've never heard or worked so many Europeans on 160 in or out of a contest
from Colorado! 28 Europe QSOs (The first night was the best with 18) in the log
including a few new ones.  Also 18 JAs, UA0, CE, HK, KH6, KL7, CN, EA8 and CT3.
I got all US multipliers but a real shortage of VE with only 5 of 9. I even
missed the closest two, VE4 and VE5. With less than an hour to go I still
needed KL7. I was running in the JA sub band and suddenly noticed someone had
moved in about 150 Hz above me but they were not real strong. Tuning up with
the RIT to see who it was and KL7Z was CQing. I worked him for WAS in the
contest and moved my run freq down another 500+ Hz so others could have a shot
at KL7. I also managed WAC and a personal best contest DXCC for 160 of 33
(counting US and VE). Another interesting QSO was WA6CDR/MM Region III on the
way to Ducie. Rig here Icom 756PROIII, Dentron Cliperton L 800w feeding 2 1/4
wave slopers thru a WX0B Stackmatch with two beverage RX antennas. QTH in the
sticks of Western Colorado South of Silt.    Phil N0KE DM69em