[3830] CQ160 CW W6ZL Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 27 19:43:15 EST 2008

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W6ZL
Operator(s): W6ZL
Station: W6ZL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

Total:  QSOs = 145  State/Prov = 37  Countries = 3  Total Score = 13,880

Got on for a few hours second night. Used a small ground mounted receiving loop
and 20db receive preamp. Transmit antenna is 50' x 75' inverted L into a wet
oak tree with single 125' counterpoise. Seemed like I could hear better than I
was being heard, so I fired up the amp (500W) which seemed to help. Worked CU8A
and CU2A, yes they are big contest stations, but first ever EU and best DX from
my little pistol station! Thanks to all for the contacts.

73 / Dave W6ZL