[3830] CQ160 CW EI6IZ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 28 06:08:29 EST 2008

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: EI6IZ
Operator(s): EI6IZ, PACKET
Station: EI6IZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 993  State/Prov = 41  Countries = 61  Total Score = 627,402

TX antenna: Inv L
Rx antennas: 2x reversible beverages
Radio: Elecraft K3
Amp: Acom 1000

The k3 played really well, my E/W bev needs attention, I think it's broken
someplace as there was nearly no F/B ratio.
Conditions seemed to be pretty good, with the exception of polar path to the
west coast of the states, KL7 & KH6.
Heard quite a few JA's on Sunday evening but could not get though the rest of
Europe to them.

The K3 played very well indeed.
On occasions with the K3's superb narrow filters and excellent close in dynamic
range the limiting factor on RX was Keyclicks.
There are quite a number of big contest stations with severe keyclicks, Both
the causes for these and the cures are well known, please check your radios for
Transmitted keyclicks and if there's a problem take appropriate action.
see : http://www.w8ji.com/keyclicks.htm
Excessive ALC action is another common cause

73's
Brendan EI6IZ