[3830] CQ160 CW OM7M Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 29 11:14:54 EST 2008

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: OM7M
Operator(s): OK2BFN, OM3PA, OM3PC, OM5RW, OM5ZW
Station: OM7M

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Slovakia

Total:  QSOs = 1702  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 89  Total Score = 1,656,625

Club: Low Bands Contest Club

Comments:

Best Score ever from the middle of EU. Its really tough to compete with Big gun
EUs like  4O & CU. BTW Is Azores Isl. still in Europe??? :-) Indeed congrats
goes to them and 4O3A made new European Multi-op. record. Great Job guys!!

The first night was rather good with about 160 USA calls in the log and 46
US/VE mults. Saturday evening we ignored an overcrowded JA's window and
prefered to stay outside the JAs segment (1810-1825). It was easier to work 2
EUs on the clear freq then to hunt weak Japanese. So after the first day there
was only a single JA in the log. Second night was much thrill. First USA was in
the log shortly after 22Z. We were on 1832.4 and it was very hard to keep this
frequency. Around 01Z the show began. MiddleWest&West coast started to call up
with very impressive signals. Sometimes it sounded like on 20m and some signals
were really really LOUD. Sunday morning showed another 260 USA/VE and 55 US/VE
mults in the log. The last missing state was DC. Thanks to Eric W3DQ we
completed our 160m WAS during the contest.

Station Equipments:
FT1000MP Mark V with OM-POWER
2xHALF Sloper, Vertical
6 Beverages

Brief statistics:
NA	466
SA	7
AF	10
EU	1061
AS	155
OC	3
TOTAL   1702

Anyway We had a great time during the weekend and thanks all for calling us.

73! Lubo OM5ZW on behalf OM7M crew