[3830] CQ160 CW W9RE Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 29 11:19:08 EST 2008

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN

Total:  QSOs = 1416  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 56  Total Score = 481,719

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Band was better then last year for me.  I favored keeping a running frequency
and now obviously I realize that was a huge mistake.

I had 89-VE's, 13-Central American and other NA Q's, 3 Pacific, 9 South
American, 6 African, and 120 European Q's. (102-5 pointers, 138-10 pointers and
1176-2 pointers)  Out of the 10 pointers 90 called me and 45 were via 'S and P'.
 First night I worked 33 Europeans and 87 the second night.  0 Asia !!

Congrats to the top scorers out there, you can hear and know how to run the
band.

This was the first time I have put a full effort in to this contest in about 20
years and now I know why.