[3830] IARU ND0C SO SSB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 13 08:14:40 EDT 2008

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: SO SSB QRP
QTH: Minnesota

  160:   0
   80:   0      15      5       2
   40:   0      42      6       2
   20:   0     148     22      18
   15:   0      16      5       2
   10:   0
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     221     38      24  Total Score = 40,238

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

- Tough going with only 5 watts.  I hoped we might get some Es on 10, but no
such luck.  15 had only a short opening and 20 was, of course, jam-packed.
Every European QSO was an ordeal.   High summer noise levels on 40 and 80 too.
Thanks again to everybody for the good ears and patience.  I need to get an
antenna for 160 - need the mults.

It is amazing though how easy it can be to pick up some nice mults before the
packet hordes descend on them.  Good old fashioned tuning the dial and
listening can pay dividends!

Station: Yaesu FT 897D at 5 watts, 3 el tribander at 50 feet, dipole at 45
feet.

73,
Randy,ND0C