[3830] IARU K9RS M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 13 10:59:17 EDT 2008

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K9RS
Operator(s): NO2R, N3DXX, W2GD
Station: K9RS

Class: M/S HP
QTH: EPA

  160:    24     5      6        9
   80:   134   122     21       21
   40:   366   109     29       29
   20:   490   362     34       36
   15:   270   113     18       24
   10:    58    18      7        8
-------------------------------------
Total:  1342   750    115      127  Total Score = 1,571,548

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Fortunately the poor conditions at 12z were the worst of the weekend but our
very slow start is certainloy reflected in the score.  Nice to experience 10M
e-skip again this year, but it was apparent stations in New England and the
Maritimes were enjoying much better 10M conditions than we were.  Our 160M
score is down some, we found an unexpected high SWR condition on the 4 square,
and it wasn't possible to fix. Probably cost 20Q and 5 mults.

Overall, our M/S score was up nearly 20% compared to 2007, having paid more
attention to chasing mults and making better band/mode selections.  Great
contest.

Many thanks to Ray, K9RS, for loaning us his very FB station this weekend while
he enjoyed some well deserved family vacation time at the Delaware shore.