[3830] IARU W4IX SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 13 15:23:05 EDT 2008

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W4IX
Operator(s): W4IX
Station: W4IX

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: SC

  160:   27     0       3       2
   80:  139     0      11       5
   40:  274     0      21      30
   20:  412     0      24      33
   15:   62     0       9      17
   10:   20     0       6       5
-------------------------------------

Just put the station together on Friday at my new QTH in S.C. Put up an old G5RV
in the trees at 35 feet, and then put up a 1/4 wave 40 meter loop on some other
trees. The 40 meter loop really didnt play as well as the G5RV ( loop was only
5 feet off the grounf ) but there wer some times it was invaluable, like at
2350Z I was hearing TM0HQ and 9A0HQ on 10 meters with the G5RV but of course I
was way under manned to make the Q's, but then I checked them out on the 40
meter loop and they sounded better, so I used my tuner and got a fairly decent
match, gave them several calls each and worked them both...whew!! ya just never
know...Nice to have wrkd EL2DX early in the morning, have ZL6A call me at 0600Z,
and to wrap it up worked VK6AA after sunrise...( also nice to snag R0HQ, RG9A,
and a few others, but missed the UA0 in Zone 31 and hrd KG6DX and AH2L for
awhile but just cldnt get through ). STILL COULD HAVE USED SOME REAL ANTENNAS!!
Hi Hi..Will get something up before October..73's and tnx fer all the Q's...