[3830] ARRL FD KU6S 4A LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 14 02:50:48 EDT 2008

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: KU6S
Operator(s): N6DA, WT6K, KA6S, WB6MLC, AE6YN, W6GEM, WS6S, K6VUG, N6PLR, KG6NEB
Station: KU6S

Class: 4A LP
QTH: FREMONT. CA

   20:  195     75      4
   15:          43
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------

South Bay Amateur Radio Association - KU6S

Another enjoyable FD for our local radio club. Did some new things this year
with antennas. On 40M we used a pair of identical vertical dipoles for SSB and
CW but on SSB they were in a parasitic array configuration while on CW they
were configured as a phased array. There was a mark difference in performance
which leads me to believe that we didn't have the parasitic array set up
correctly. Next year we will set both up as phased arrays. On a positive note,
these antennas were easy to set up. As we all seem to be getting older easy
setup is a big plus.

The Tri-Tip dinner on Saturday was wonderful. Thanks to Adam Feriante, ND6N for
serving up a great meal. After the dinner we had the K3 raffle. The winner of
the K3 was Ernie Anaya, KF6FFE of Union City, CA

At the membership meeting last Friday the talk was about 'next' year and all
the things we want to do... may try QRO!

Al - WT6K