[3830] NCCC Sprint N5UM LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jul 17 23:02:32 EDT 2008

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - July 18

Call: N5UM
Operator(s): N5UM
Station: N5UM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): :20

   40:   1      1
   20:  12      9
-------------------
Total:  13     10  Total Score = 130

Tried a different antenna configuration here.   Obviously a big failure - much
worse than original setup.   Not much room to work with on 2nd floor apartment
balcony.   Seemed OK on 20, but could not be heard much at all on 40.  The half
size G5RV works a lot better on 40 when deployed in my living room and not so
folded up like I had it on the balcony.   Will keep playing with different
configurations until I find something that works.    73  Al N5UM