[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jul 18 01:57:36 EDT 2008

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - July 18

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

  160:   0      0
   80:   1      1
   40:  17     12
   20:  21     12
-------------------
Total:  39     25  Total Score = 975

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This is the score for the regular NS Ladder, i.e. with dupes allowed.

First, this was the night to honor our SK colleague Joe Boggs, W5CT.  We just
learned of Joe's death this afternoon via N3BB, and so had to scramble to get
the word out. Joe was just the kind of person who benefits from the ladder - an
 enthusiastic new ham learning, with gusto, the whys and wherefore of radio
contesting. I will miss the frequent QSO's and email exchanges from Joe.  I
encourage everyone to read Joe's heartwarming story at http://w5ct.com/
including his tower adventures and misadventures.

Thanks also to those who participated in tonight's double dose of Thursday
night sprinting.  Now we have to figure out what the results mean. I'll try to
re-activate nsladder.blogspot.com for conclusions.

Still missed the elusive 1000 point mark tonight, by exactly one Q.  This after
spending today building and installing a 3-el fullsize 20m beam.  Oh well. And
how could I miss w9re on 20 meters. Skip was notably longer on 20 tonight, and
missed both WA and CA.  But that may have been the effect of using beam vs.
wire. Next week I should have both in use on 20m.

Good to see KO7X, Alan, VE3NE, Lali and to have Dave, N4DW in the ladder fray
for the 2nd time in a row.

73 Bill n6zfo