[3830] IARU W6C(@WN6K) M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Jul 19 13:10:17 EDT 2008

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W6C
Operator(s): WN6K + W6NOW
Station: WN6K

Class: M/S LP
QTH: SDG

  160:    0      0      0       0
   80:  124      2      9       4
   40:  323     12     21       5
   20:  200    115     14       6
   15:   24     41      9       0
   10:    0      0      0       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  667    170     53      15  Total Score = 149,804

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Well as there were only 3 of us logged in for the WCRRTC event created by K6AM,
John, someone had to come in last... Band conditions were sporadic and at times
although we heard loud stations calling CQ, we just could not be heard by
them...and they were those precious mults.

Juan and I only used a single radio due to no equipment here at WN6K to operate
SO2R. Although the 'rules' for our contest inside the contest allowed that we
could band switch with impunity, we chose to stay within the 10 minute rule of
the IARU so that we could submit a 'regular' score there.

I did all of the CW and except for the 40/80 SSB contacts, Juan was tasked with
the 'other mode'.

Not as many repeats on the 1 x 1 call on CW as on SSB.  Thanks for the QSOs and
we got a mini taste of what the WRTC 'feels' like.  Bottom line - lots of fun
but competing in an WRTC level is in the F2 layer as far as our abilities and
equipment limitations go.  MORE S&PS if you are not loud is the lesson
learned...but then that is WHY we contest...to learn more lessons.

Thanks again for the contacts and see you all in the next contest.

WN6K, Paul  (+ W6NOW, Juan)