[3830] CQWW VHF KA3ZLS SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jul 24 00:58:51 EDT 2008

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: KA3ZLS
Operator(s): KA3ZLS
Station: KA3ZLS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MD

Total:  162    61  Total Score = 14,091

Not to much to get excited over.  The contest started out slow.  Was
disappointed with 6 meters.  There was a good E opening on six late in the
evening on saturday to the midwest and upper midwest and then again early
sunday morning down along the gulf coast region which helped out with the multi
count.  There was also some good tropo to New England on 2 meters early sunday.
Then after about 11am sunday things just died.  There were times when I tune
thru both 2 and 6 meters and not here nobody on.  I believe I made 2 contacts
during the last 2 hours of the contest.  Another factor that I know played a
big role in the low Q's was the fact I had an S9 noise problem on 6 meters all
afternoon on sunday in all directions and on 2 meters to the northeast and
southwest.  Anyway I still had fun and look forward to september.  73, Chris,
KA3ZLS.