[3830] NCCC Sprint K8GU LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jul 24 23:11:02 EDT 2008

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - July 25

Call: K8GU
Operator(s): K8GU
Station: K8GU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

  160:   0      0
   80:   7      6
   40:  17      9
   20:  18     10
-------------------
Total:  42     25  Total Score = 1,050

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Ok, last week's kilopoint effort was not a fluke.  Next goal: 50 QSOs.  This
SO2R thing gets more and more fun the better you get at it.  Someday, I might
actually be able to do it!  I was definitely more in-the-grove last week after
the 25-minute warm-up.

Forty was tougher here tonight that I recall it being in a long time.  Of
course, having a decent antenna and short skip on twenty never hurts!  Lots of
big sigs on eighty; but, lots of noise.  Of course, we have the Champaign
County Fair just down the street from us.  Who knows what kind of fabulous
noise generators get setup for that!  Sprint sure is funny with who you hear
and don't work, too...

Great to hear all the activity from back "home" in W8!  Thanks for staying up
late.

See everyone next week!

73,

--Ethan, K8GU/9.