[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jul 24 23:35:27 EDT 2008

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - July 25

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin

  160:   0      0
   80:  10      5
   40:  26     15
   20:  24     14
-------------------
Total:  60     34  Total Score = 2,040

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Another blast,wigh great conditions, a quiet band (which was unexpected because
of Dolly down on the border), and short skip on twenty meters to lots of
mults.

I was chugging along nicely. There were the usual K7SSs and W9REs with huge
numbers, so I surprised to work Larry, K5OT, at 0257Z and he had a higher
number! He's a good friend and gets on with some low wires and a single radio
to remind me what super operators can do in the NS with great skill.

Also heard my Austin pal, N9NB, who has QSYed to Virginia the past year. I
called Ted once but got beat out. Never heard him again.

KU5B had a wildly up and down signal on forty meters from about a hundred miles
from here. He was S9 one QSO and S3 the next. Strange!

Thanks to the following for the "most worked by N3BB" awards tonight:

5 QSOs K9BGL

4 QSOs K8GU

3 QSOs N4LF, N1LN, W0YK, N4AF and KU5B

Tnx to N6ZFO and the NCCC plus "Mr 3830" for the NS and support.

Jim George N3BB