[3830] NCCC Sprint W0BH/M LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Jul 26 11:17:02 EDT 2008

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - July 25

Call: W0BH/M
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH/M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   40:  11      9
   20:  14      9
-------------------
Total:  25     18  Total Score = 450

As I mentioned last week, I was supposed to be camping in Wyoming this week, but
Lorna and I had to head home early (again), so we were actually mobile in the
Nebraska panhandle near Ogallala for the last '08 summer NSL.  Wish you all
could have seen the HUGE air mass thunderstorm lit by the setting sun that we
were driving towards as I operated! Also enjoyed the grand tour at KO7X just
east of Cheyenne as we drove by on I-80. Thanks again, Alan .. and I did hear
you tonight on 20m but missed you in the jump ball.

Worked 14x13 in the SNS, so conditions were good for the NSL and a number of
you were able hear me on the Hustler verticals. With 5 minutes to go, I tried
hard to make an 80m mobile contact, but the storm was too close although I
heard a number of you including N3BB over the crashes.

Special thanks to N6ZFO and N6RO for working with this favorite event of the
week.  It's good to hear so many "new" but familiar calls stop by, then hear
them again a week later.  Doesn't take long to get hooked and become a regular.
Great fun, great practice, and GREAT company!  Also thanks to W9RE for the SNS.
I'm sure there are many out there who are listening in, practicing, and almost
ready to take the plunge!

Hope all of you have an enjoyable rest of the summer!

73, Bob, w0bh (safely back in KS)