[3830] IOTA KA3DRR SO(A)12CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 27 11:13:55 EDT 2008

                    IOTA Contest

Call: KA3DRR
Operator(s): KA3DRR
Station: KA3DRR

Class: SO(A)12CW LP
QTH: CA

   80:   0        0       0        0
   40:   4        0       0        0
   20:   5        1       0        0
   15:   0        0       0        0
   10:   0        0       0        0
Total:   9        1       0        0  Total Score = 39

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I battled against bottom of the cycle propagation throughout the day. However I
enjoyed the thrill of extreme wireless on a Saturday afternoon searching for
islands on the air. I successfully worked one North American island located in
Alaska and it was a giant hoot indeed.

Likewise, I was stoked too hear signals populating high frequency (HF)
yesterday afternoon into the evening. The noise on 40M played havoc with my
hearing even with RF gain attentuation and 500Hz filtering. I thought for a
moment the noise level was localized but it wasn't the case.

Ultimately, I had ham radio fun this weekend and look forward to IOTA2009.

73
Scot KA3DRR