[3830] IOTA WX3B SO(A)12Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 27 13:49:53 EDT 2008

                    IOTA Contest

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: WX3B

Class: SO(A)12Mixed HP
QTH: Maryland

   80:    0       0        4       3
   40:   55       8        0       0
   20:   11       4      379      39
   15:    0       0        0       0
   10:    0       0        1       1
Total:   66      12      384      43  Total Score = 123,750

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Had trouble sleeping Friday night, and noticed that there were loads of
Europeans warming up for the IOTA contest at 3:30am local time.  DR6IOTA was S9
running huge pileups of europeans and got a surprise when I called him.

Started the contest at about 10:00am and it was mostly stateside calling with a
few Europeans - not many.

The normal mad rush on 20 after 3:00pm to Europe never materialized; I could
never get a good rate going to Europe, even though signals during tuning
sounded fair.

40m was a LOT of fun Saturday night.  That was a bottomless pit of Europeans
calling on CW during the short time I operated.

20 did get better to Europe after 10:00pm local time (surprise!) however though
the band itself was wide open, most DX was on 40.

Highlights were hearing Steve, NY3A/P run pileups from his field day style
DX-Pedition to the (Maryland) Hooper Islands...and running into Martti OH2BH
and Toni OH2UA both in CU2 land testing out respective stations on 75m SSB.

73,

Jim Nitzberg  WX3B