[3830] IARU WX0B(AD5Q) SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jul 29 00:30:03 EDT 2008

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: WX0B
Operator(s): AD5Q
Station: WX0B

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Dallas

  160:    50           10
   80:   171           28
   40:   506           59
   20:   913           64
   15:   177           31
   10:    22            3
-------------------------------------
Total:  1839    0     195       0  Total Score = 1,110,915

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Sorry about the late post. I was out of town and very QRV.

This contest went pretty well. Texas is in drought, which means no rain static
or down time due to lightning.

I stayed on 20 mostly, and perhaps didn't pounce 10 & 15 enough. I never
attempted to run EU's on 40. That is difficult from here, and in this contest
they don't count double points. I stayed on 20 with the stack over the pole,
pouncing 40 for the HQ's. The Russian rates were OK, with an occasional zone
mult. I really love polar openings, and remember the endless runs of previous
cycle peaks. Activity in the former USSR has changed radically since then
(down). Adjust strategy accordingly.

The JA's on 40 were especially loud, with good rates. This meant I did less
running on 80 & 160. I missed ZL on 160 this time, including the NZART mult.

I thank my hosts for the use of the station, and look forward to the
improvements we will do in the fall.

Roy -- AD5Q