[3830] IOTA VY2TT(K6LA) SO24Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jul 29 14:31:25 EDT 2008

                    IOTA Contest

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SO24Mixed HP
QTH: NA-029 PEI

   80:    28      12      11        8
   40:   471      64     141       40
   20:   628      59     595       49
   15:   136      28     184       12
   10:     9       3       6        4
Total:  1272     166     937      113  Total Score = 3,918,993

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

For the bottom of the sunspot cycle in the middle of the summer, I thought
conditions were surprisingly good, except for 80M, which was as noisy as I have
ever heard it. I beat my 2003 score, which was the last time I operated this
contest, by a large margin.

Sunday morning 20m opened very early, 10 opened to EU and during the last hour
of the contest on 15 SSB the pileups were intense.

WX prohibited getting my ice storm broken 20 meter yagi stack back in the air
before the contest, so 20m was all on a 4 element yagi at 65'. I also couldn't
get a new prop pitch rotator up under the 40M yagi, so it was stuck, but at
least pointed close to EU.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT