[3830] AlQP NO5W SOCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 8 01:28:50 EDT 2008

                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: SOCW LP
QTH: TX

Total:   64     0       37         0  Total Score = 4,736

That was fun and some good activity from all over the state although at the
start I thought it was going to be the Northern Alabama QSO Party as the only
stations I could work were way up next to the Tennessee border. However things
picked up around 1800Z as the mobiles NY4N(10), W4AN(10), K4ZGB(5), KN4Y(4),
KG4VBK(3), and KC4HW(3) began appearing. Every time I thought this would be my
last pass through the band one of them would show up in a new county and I
would stay in the chair for another pass eventually turning it into a fairly
serious effort. In the afternoon mobile signals on both 20M and 40M were
outstanding into Houston, every bit as strong as the fixed stations.

Thanks to all the AL stations for making it an interesting party and especially
to the mobiles, several of which (NY4N, W4AN and KN4Y) came in from bordering
states to add to the activity.

73/Chuck/NO5W