[3830] ARRL June VHF K9JK/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jun 19 22:38:56 EDT 2008

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: K9JK/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: EN51,52,61,62

    2:   32     4
  222:   22     3
  1.2:    9     2
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  168    47  Total Score = 9,776

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

My Rover-Limited effort for June 2008.

Welcome to the ARRL June Six Meter Contest! Even though my effort was far from
'serious', I WAS GLAD to have the other bands with me...this is just one of the
FUN parts of VHF Contests...you never know, year-to-year, what kind of
propagation will be there and WHERE the propagation paths will be and when.

This was somewhat of an attempt at a "green" rove...I kept the miles driven to
under 40 (being fortunate to live near a Grid Corner helps) and, due to other
obligations, my time was limited so a large part of my operating time was spent
with my rover vehicle parked in the driveway of my home QTH (for about 40% of my
QSOs).

And my #1 Goal WAS accomplished...I had fun!

Looking forward to CQ WW VHF, then ARRL August UHF (>200 logs submitted, >200
logs submitted, >200 logs submitted) and ARRL September VHF and, last but not
least, SVHFS FALL VHF & Up Sprints.

Thanks to all who were on and to the sponsors.