[3830] ARRL June VHF WD0T Limited Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jun 20 02:23:44 EDT 2008

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: WD0T
Operator(s): WD0T + TREY
Station: WD0T

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: SD

    6:  698   222
    2:   22    18
  222:    5     4
  432:    7     7
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  732   251  Total Score = 187,488

My 9 year old, Trey, helped me operate occasionally, that was fun!  Also, thanks
to Jim, KD0S, for all the setup help and also for doing rover activity in the
local grids, really helped, and he had fun working folks on 6m!

Boy, this one had 2 personalities, Saturday was relatively slow, with 152 Q's
and 71 mults in 8 hours- 43 minutes on time, including a break for a wedding
reception. Many of those Q's and mults with KD0S/r.

Sunday was great,very fast from the opening at 1345 hours. I operated 9 hours
and 4 minutes for 580 Q's and 180 mults.. LOTS O'FUN!!  This included an E skip
opening to Texas at 1440 hours, and another to Nevada at 1935 hours, netting 5
Q's on 2m, with huge signals from K5QE and others, and K7XC. First time I have
experienced that.

Most of the openings were south, southeast, and southwest Sunday, and were very
steady.  There was also backscatter to the nearby grids within 400-500 miles,
which was very fun.  Later in the day Sunday, there was an opening out west to
CN grids.

This was very fun, thanks to all the rovers, and the portable stations, and to
all participants for making it very fun.

73 God Bless! Todd, WD0T