[3830] ARRL June VHF N3AWS Single Op Port QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 23 16:40:46 EDT 2008

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: N3AWS
Operator(s): N3AWS
Station: N3AWS

Class: Single Op Port QRP
QTH: EM50

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  100    56  Total Score = 5,600

This became a 6 meter only effort.  I think 100 grids were achievable in the
Single OP QRP category from the South in this contest.  If only I could have
operated the entire contest period...

Six was packed with signals.  I used my Icom 756 Pro II rather than my Icom 706
MKIIG or Yaesu FT-817 which (I think) helped my score.  The DSP filters cut down
on the QRM and allowed more stations to be worked.  The activity stretched up to
50.300 MHz.  Sometimes the really loud stations failed to hear me while the weak
ones came right back.  Oh the joys of QRPp on 6!

I leave now for a year in Korea.  Next VHF contest will probably be September
2009.

73, Jim N3AWS
EM50