[3830] NCCC Sprint W5CT LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jun 26 23:37:02 EDT 2008

                    NCCC Sprint - June 27

Call: W5CT
Operator(s): W5CT
Station: W5CT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   20:  12     6
Total:  12     6  Total Score = 72

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I needed to install Windows for a class I'm taking, so I installed the trial
version of Win-Test and used it this evening.  Didn't have time to figure out
how/if it shifted from CQ to S&P mode, so I just set 4 messages F1-F4 and used
them.  This was the first time I've tried having the computer send CW for me.
It's, um, interesting, but not as much fun.  Got to work a couple of calls I
hadn't worked before,  Bud / VA7ST for one, and strangely, he was one of the
stronger signals I heard down here.  But nothing seemed very strong, I would
have done better on 40, I think.

I've just about given up on getting TRLog to work under FreeDOS or DOSEMU, but
I have ordered a full copy of DR DOS 6-something or other, and when I get that,
I'll give it a try.