[3830] ARRLDX SSB KU8E SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 2 19:34:08 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: GA

   10:   15     7
-------------------
Total:  489   209  Total Score = 304,722

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Icom 756PRO, Ameritron AL811H
130 ft center fed zepp @ 35 ft, 40 meter vertical, 160 meter Inverted L
20 meter dipole @ 45 ft, 10 meter dipole @ 25 ft

Terrible conditions!! Northern EU and Russia were no where to be found. 40
meters were mostly I and EA stations. The JA's I heard on 75 and 40 meters
(JA1ELY and JA3YBK) couldn't hear anyone calling them from the east coast. I
didn't work a DL on any band until I worked a few on Sunday morning on 20
meters. Worked only one EU on 160 meters - G4BUO. Activity was excellent from
South America. I might have worked more SA stations than EU...

73, Jeff