[3830] ARRLDX SSB K0TV M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 2 20:12:11 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K0TV
Operator(s): KB1NYQ, N1ICE, K1HI, K2TE, WO1N, K1BG, W1ZZ, K1UZK,
Station: K0TV

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: New Hampshire

   20:  870   105
   15:  162    46
   10:    6     5
-------------------
Total: 1474   316  Total Score = 1,389,768

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Man, what lousy conditions. I can't wait for sunspots and the high bands to come
back! I miss 10 and 15.

Two weeks ago one of my amps blew up during the CW weekend. I repaired it and
got it back on line but I wasn't able to determine the root cause of the
failure. I thought possibly that one of the tubes had gone bad so I replaced
one of them and proceeded to beat on the amp for the next week. It chose to
fail one hour before the start of the phone weekend. I swapped out the other
tube with the one I took out. The amp ran faithfully for the entire contest.

MVP this time goes to new op KB1NYQ for all his enthusiasm in the face of the
worst conditions I've ever seen.

Thanks for everyone who called in.

73, Jerry