[3830] ARRLDX SSB KY5R SOSB/15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 2 21:08:56 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KY5R
Operator(s): KY5R
Station: KY5R

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: AL

Total:  171    43  Total Score = 22,059

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Well just bad timing eh? Those high solar winds did a number on the high bands
all weekend. Kept thinking Sat that it would be better on Sunday. Sat held
SA,CA,and OC prop oh and one JA(not in the log). No EU hr in NA(north ALabama)
either day. I took it much less serious on Sunday as I was in and out of the
shack CQ'ng endlessly with little return. Man the cost of energy vice QSO must
be out of sight. All in all had a gud time with the silver lining being able to
continue adapting to new xcvr. I think I am finally getting it "tweeked".
TNX for all the QSO's. Condx where what they where regardless of my whining.
Looking forward to WPX SSB coming up. 73 Tim, KY5R