[3830] ARRLDX SSB W6ZL SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 2 21:43:24 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W6ZL
Operator(s): W6ZL
Station: W6ZL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA

   80:    1     1
Total:  277    98  Total Score = 81,438

I'm not much of a phone contester, decided to see if I could equal my ARRL CW
effort. The goal was 100 mults and 100K. Fell short on both. With the SFI at 69
and A at 19, the bands weren't so hot. Lot's of TE on 15M into SA, one third of
my contacts were with PY and LU. Had 45 QSO's with Japan, band was open on 15M
both days. No EU or AF opening either day, barely made WAC ( Thanks TM6M and
AO8A ! ) 1OM opened on Saturday, only one SA station heard Sunday. Didn't have
time to operate low bands, thanks to ZF2AH for hearing me on 80M !

Most often worked:

JA - 45
PY - 45
LU - 43