[3830] ARRLDX SSB ES5RW(@ES5TV) SOSB/160 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 3 12:32:40 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: ES5RW
Operator(s): ES5RW
Station: ES5TV

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    5     5
   40:    1     1
Total:   25    13  Total Score = 975

Club: Tartu Contest Team

Comments:

Aurora hit us VERY bad. This tells everything.

Not a chance. Even Tonno’s impressive antenna farm didn’t help me out.
Typically did not deserve any attention of big guns while low power guys from
southern Europe made it 1st call. Instead of pileups was forced to take lots of
healthy sleep. Seems like operating from the worst possible location during
worst possible propagation.

The only usable bands were 20 meters during very limited hours of daytime
opening and - top band during the first night.

Highs. A pleasant surprise was being called by VY0HL: never heard or worked
Nunavut in ARRL before.

The good news is that we MUST have reached the BOTTOM and since now the
propagation can only improve.

CU in further contests!

73, Rein, ES5RW

P.S. Decided to submit the log in SOSB 160m class.