[3830] ARRLDX SSB HI3T(HI3TEJ) SOSB/20 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 3 19:25:27 EST 2008

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: HI3T
Operator(s): HI3TEJ
Station: HI3TEJ

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

   20: 2932    59
Total: 2932    59  Total Score = 518,610

Club: PUP CONTEST GROUP

Comments:

Hi Guys:
I will not write a novel but the station a week before the contest been tested
and ready but 4 days b4 a kidney disease again. Since wednesday till saturday
my body been as a microoven 40 degrees  all over and a lot of medication.

Finally on saturday at 16:00 utc disapeared and I decided to give a try (I
NEVER GIVE UP) but in a single band because 17 hours behind did not have any
remote posibility to reach the top in the SOAB CAT.
Started the effort but not as good I wished to be:
2008-03-01 1810 - 2240Z,   14280 kHz, 1015 Qs, 225.5/hr
My magic number now I should change it to  4, Do not remember a steady pile up
in all my priors competition like this one... A pity I did not recorded
The rest is history only 3 hours at 85 qso's per hour and the rest over a
hundred qso mark.
Then on monday back to the school sorry back to the Doctor to receive a long
treatment again.

Thanks Guys to keep my pile so good  that I did forget for the moment all my
illness and pain.

EQUIPMENT USED FT2000 (100 WATTS) AND 4L STEPPIR BOTH WORKED PERFECT
ALSO A GREAT TOOL TO BEAT SOME DELIBERATING QRM SPECIAL AT 14270

God bless and CU soon

73'S
Ted
HI3TEJ